On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: administrative
As of a couple of weeks ago, there is a new time for the Sitka Nature show on Raven Radio. It can now be heard at 4pm on KCAW (with live streaming available at kcaw.org. The main reason I’m making … Continue reading
Orange disc fungus – an ascomycete, I think – but beyond that I have no idea I’ve been trying to keep up with photos this year, and untili the last week or so, I’ve done pretty well, but between a … Continue reading
It’s been a busy day, with phone calls for a call series I’ve been participating, an informal conversation with Coast Alaska reporters and scientists (which I seemed to have qualified as in this case), and finally a talk about hydropower … Continue reading
Taken at Crescent Harbor last March. It was part of one of the photojournal updates I worked on today It was quite windy today with precipitation changing between snow and rain. Heavy clouds and rain made for a day that … Continue reading
Sounds like it could be the beginning of a joke, but unfortunately I don’t have a punchline for it. All I can say is the leech shown in the photograph here was in the middle of Park Street, apparently making … Continue reading