On this Date in…
- 2003: Merganser Gathering
- 2007: 12 February Photos: Walk to Totem Park
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: Second Year Mew Gulls
- 2008: 12 February Photo: Pale Feathered Crow
- 2010: Gallery: 20100212 - Swan Lake Sunset
- 2011: Herring Cove to Bear Mountain Waterfall
- 2012: Twitter Weekly Updates for 2012-02-12
- 2012: Sharp-shinned Hawk
- 2015: North Sister Runoff
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 10 months ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 10 months ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 10 months ago
Category Archives: fishing
Late Summer at Herring Cove Trailhead I had heard a report of a hen goldeneye with young on Beaver Lake almost two weeks ago, and with my parents’ visit it had slipped my mind. I still wanted to go up … Continue reading
Connor fishing for herring from Sage Rock, April 2011 It’s not quite the official beginning of winter, but planning for spring is already starting to occur. Today Pacific Herring were in the news, so I decided to post a photojournal … Continue reading
This entry is part 113 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalA heron watched as we loaded up to leave Today Connor, Rowan and I went out with my dad and a friend to see if we could find a … Continue reading
This entry is part 101 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalConnor and Rowan brought back a couple of silver salmon from fishing down by the Sheldon Jackson hatchery.
This entry is part 90 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalPinks are in at the Sheldon Jackson hatchery, and Connor was pretty enthusiastic about catching them.
This entry is part 88 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalPink Salmon are back in at the Sheldon Jackson Hatchery, and Connor is excited to catch them. Today he brought home two.