On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: fishing
Connor fishing for herring from Sage Rock, April 2011 It’s not quite the official beginning of winter, but planning for spring is already starting to occur. Today Pacific Herring were in the news, so I decided to post a photojournal … Continue reading
This entry is part 113 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalA heron watched as we loaded up to leave Today Connor, Rowan and I went out with my dad and a friend to see if we could find a … Continue reading
This entry is part 101 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalConnor and Rowan brought back a couple of silver salmon from fishing down by the Sheldon Jackson hatchery.
This entry is part 90 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalPinks are in at the Sheldon Jackson hatchery, and Connor was pretty enthusiastic about catching them.
This entry is part 88 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalPink Salmon are back in at the Sheldon Jackson Hatchery, and Connor is excited to catch them. Today he brought home two.