On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Category Archives: birding
It was Rowan’s turn to pick where we went for the day’s outing, and since both she and Rowan wanted to go with friends to the kids carnival at Blatchley Middle School after lunch, she picked a walk around Starrigavan … Continue reading
I got a call from Lucy P. this morning to tell that she was looking at a likely female Wood Duck at the upper end of Swan Lake and ask me if I wanted to try and get a picture. … Continue reading
Yesterday Liz McKenzie noticed an unusual bird coming to the feed she puts out, looked it up and discovered it appeared to be a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. As far as I can tell, this species has never been documented (or maybe … Continue reading
I heard about a Black-headed Grosbeak visiting a feeder a couple of days ago. I was able to get out there this afternoon with Connor, and after an hour or so of waiting in the rain, we were rewarded by … Continue reading
I walked down to Merrill Rock along the new sea walk that goes from the main Crescent Harbor parking lot down nearly to Totem Park. It is nearing completion in several sections, but still has a bit of work to … Continue reading