On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Author Archives: matt goff
It was overcast, but still quite chilly, with a very light snow this morning. The wind seemed to be mostly coming out of the southeast, and seemed a bit biting. Overcast conditions remained throughout the day, and mostly it was … Continue reading
Walking through Totem Park this morning, I noticed that Indian River is quite low. I guess I’ve not paid close enough attention to say if it’s as low as I have ever seen it (it’s not quite as eye catching … Continue reading
Today’s weather was sunny and a bit cool, with wind in some exposed locations. It would have been a nice day for a longer hike, but I haven’t been feeling 100% lately and didn’t feel like it was worth pushing … Continue reading
Although it was my turn to pick where we would hike today, I offered to trade days with Rowan since I was not feeling up to doing anything very long on this sunny Saturday. She prefers shorter outings with less … Continue reading
Connor picked today’s walk. We just had the morning, and he said he wanted to go out to Starrigavan. I suggested maybe the Forest and Muskeg Trail, since we had not been on that one for a while, and someone … Continue reading
While headed to UAS today, I noticed some interesting (to me) clouds over the Sisters, so I grabbed a quick picture before heading in to class. I’m not sure, but it seemed like they could be lenticularis clouds.