On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Author Archives: matt goff
I was a little surprised to wake up and find clear skies. I had thought the forecast was for rain for the forecastable future, and checking I saw that I was not wrong. However, this morning there was a break … Continue reading
Last Friday, Indian River was as low as I ever remember seeing it. At the estuary, it looked about like I could jump over it in one jump. Before I got down far enough to see that, I first checked … Continue reading
The gulls are on the move. While it’s possible that they are just moving locally, starting to gather in greater numbers along the shores road system where I can more easily observe them, I kind of suspect some of them … Continue reading
I took a moment to capture this scene yesterday from the top of the bridge because I was struck by how recently it seems like the sun was setting where it is now still a fair bit up in the … Continue reading
I took a walk with the kids to Totem Park this morning. My original thought was to see if I could get some video of dippers foraging, but as it turned out there I did not see any dippers. Instead … Continue reading