I’m not sure when no-see-ums usually emerge in the summer, but today seems to be the first big day here this year. I was visiting on the street with a neighbor and was seeing (and feeling) clouds of them. Fortunately the bites only itch a little while for me.
On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage