The insects pictured here were captured by the kids over the past week or, but it took me a while to get around to photographing them. The small beetle came from near the beach on 31 Dec, I’m not sure where exactly Rowan found the caterpillar, but it was crawling at the edge of a sidewalk, and the Red Flat Bark Beetle (Cucujus clavipes) Rowan found in her room. It probably got into the house on firewood.
On this Date in...
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
- Jonathan Goff on Notes from the Day