On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Monthly Archives: November 2011
This entry is part 120 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalPartial clearing made for some interesting views while Connor, Rowan, and I walked over to UAS this afternoon.
This entry is part 119 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalSitka broke records this month for measured November snowfall. However the record comes with a bit of an asterisk, since there are significant gaps in the records for snow … Continue reading
This entry is part 116 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe kids and I went for a hike up Indian River Valley so I could switch out the ibuttons. They brought snowshoes, while I slogged through waist deep snow … Continue reading
This entry is part 118 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalProbably a not-quite-mature male, this Barrow’s Goldeneye gave me pause when I saw it in the cove by the library. This was the best (and only one I kept) … Continue reading
This entry is part 117 of 133 in the series 2011 Photojournal