On this Date in…
- 2007: 27 January Photos: Backyard at Night
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: Crossbilled Pacific Loon
- 2007: Redpoll Identification
- 2007: Scaup Identification Question
- 2008: 27 January Photos: Birds, Old Sitka, and Granite Creek
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2011: Clearing Skies
- 2012: Wind Sculpted Snow
- 2013: Raven Radio Show #20: Kitty LaBounty
- I have seen bats only at dusk or later – so cool to see daylight bat photos from Jen and Rick @ Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/bats-i… 2 months ago
- Over 60 degrees before 8am; listening to a Red-winged Blackbird. Not what you expect from 2 May in Sitka, AK. 9 months ago
- Petrichor! 9 months ago
Monthly Archives: October 2011
This entry is part 111 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalWe saw a couple of interesting birds on a walk around town today – an Anna’s Hummingbird and a yellow-shafted Northern Flicker.
This entry is part 110 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalRowan caught a caddisfly along the lower part of Gavan Hill trail and carried it home for me to photograph. Later in the day I took some pictures of … Continue reading
This entry is part 109 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalDespite the damp and cool weather, I was inspired to take pictures of several bryophytes, mushrooms, and a lichen on a short visit to Blue Lake Campground.
This entry is part 108 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThough the snow level has not dropped low enough to hit the Middle Sister, the higher peak behind has a dusting of snow on its upper elevations, just visible … Continue reading
This entry is part 107 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe sun is setting earlier these days, but the colors can still be dramatic.