On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2006: Kittiwake
- 2006: Kayaking Crescent Bay
- 2007: 1 October Photos: Nature Walk to Totem Park
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2008: Window Recordings: First Night Highlights
- 2009: Gallery: 20091001 Black-legged Kittiwake
- 2010: Flicker and Cloudscapes
- 2012: Termination Dust
- 2014: Cooling Off
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The winter quarter bird report for Southeast Alaska is available from the Juneau Audubon website. juneau-audubon-society.org/Birds/Reports/… (1.7mb download) 1 year ago
- Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otters from the east side at Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/river-… 1 year ago
- Much warmer than normal in the Gulf of Alaska this year. Seems like it must have played a role in our warm winter. earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?… 1 year ago
Monthly Archives: October 2011
This entry is part 111 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalWe saw a couple of interesting birds on a walk around town today – an Anna’s Hummingbird and a yellow-shafted Northern Flicker.
This entry is part 110 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalRowan caught a caddisfly along the lower part of Gavan Hill trail and carried it home for me to photograph. Later in the day I took some pictures of … Continue reading
This entry is part 109 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalDespite the damp and cool weather, I was inspired to take pictures of several bryophytes, mushrooms, and a lichen on a short visit to Blue Lake Campground.
This entry is part 108 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThough the snow level has not dropped low enough to hit the Middle Sister, the higher peak behind has a dusting of snow on its upper elevations, just visible … Continue reading
This entry is part 107 of 133 in the series 2011 PhotojournalThe sun is setting earlier these days, but the colors can still be dramatic.