On this Date in…
- 2007: 27 January Photos: Backyard at Night
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2007: Crossbilled Pacific Loon
- 2007: Redpoll Identification
- 2007: Scaup Identification Question
- 2008: 27 January Photos: Birds, Old Sitka, and Granite Creek
- 2008: Daily Observations
- 2011: Clearing Skies
- 2012: Wind Sculpted Snow
- 2013: Raven Radio Show #20: Kitty LaBounty
- I have seen bats only at dusk or later – so cool to see daylight bat photos from Jen and Rick @ Baranof Warm Springs. rickandjensblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/bats-i… 2 months ago
- Over 60 degrees before 8am; listening to a Red-winged Blackbird. Not what you expect from 2 May in Sitka, AK. 9 months ago
- Petrichor! 9 months ago
Monthly Archives: March 2010
Connor and Rowan spent some time fishing for herring down at Crescent Harbor today.
I only took a few pictures on the Whalefest food web cruise today, and kept just three.
The snow sticking level was down nearly to sea level.
Graupel is a type of snow that forms when snow flakes fall through parts of the atmosphere that have supercooled water droplets. Instead of maintaining the form of flat snow flakes and/or elongated snow crystals, the supercooled water condenses as … Continue reading
I got up early this morning and took a walk to the post office. It was fun to experiment with some night photography in the intermittent snow showers. Later today I noticed the red alders at the park have a … Continue reading