On this Date in...
- Forest and Muskeg Trail and Whale Park | Sitka Nature on Ground Dogwood Growing from Yellow Cedar
- Morning Low Tide and Spectacular Evening Skies | Sitka Nature on Raven Radio Show #58 – Matt Bracken and Cascade Sorte
- Old Journals and Song Sparrow | Sitka Nature on Banded Song Sparrow
- Baird’s Sandpipers | Sitka Nature on Totem Park Walks
- Rab Cummings on Sitka Nature Homepage
Monthly Archives: January 2010
This Red-tailed Hawk had been reported several times at the Raptor Center – even going so far as to try and steal food from Raptor Center resident birds.
Red-breasted Sapsucker in December (click to enlarge) Fairly easy find around Sitka during spring and summer working their sap wells, Red-breasted Sapsucker abundance seems to drop in the fall and they are rarely reported from November through February along the … Continue reading