- Listening to night migration flight calls. Low clouds seem to be keeping them low… Some sound like they're barely above the trees. #
- Just saw a prob Merlin take a LESA right in front of me. Close enough to hear the whoosh… Was a little startling. #
- Standing in a sharp rain drive by a stiff SW wind trying to find shorebirds I didn't recognize for a better look. Success seems unlikely. #
- Possible Western Wood-Pewee behind the house. Flycatching from top of tree; seemed small for Olive-sided. Scared off by Merlin flyover. #
- Just got back from kayaking around Crescent Bay. Saw hundreds of phalaropes (which is why I went) plus a fairly early Horned Grebe. #
- Just got back from a 10+ mile kayak around the causeway (plus a little more). Lots of swell made things interesting; fortunately no chop. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.