On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Monthly Archives: December 2007
This entry is part 221 of 221 in the series 2007 Photojournal
Sunday: I went for a relatively short outing today which included a stop by Moller Park and the Path of Hope. Weather: Warmer and windy, with a little bit of rain. It was pretty windy with highs in the lower … Continue reading
This entry is part 220 of 221 in the series 2007 PhotojournalI managed to catch some interesting light by the cove at the base of O’Connell Bridge.
Sunday (Photos) It was Christmas Bird Count day, so I hiked up Mt. Verstovia to Peak 2550, down into the bowl and finally into Indian River Valley. Weather: Light snow was falling when I started this morning, it continued through … Continue reading
These three gulls were all photographed in February of this year, the first one was at Starrigavan, the other two at Swan Lake. (click on thumbnails for larger view) Unfortunately I neglected to get a whole body shot of this … Continue reading