On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Monthly Archives: March 2006
It was a busy day and I have felt like I am fighting off a cold, so I did not spend too much time outside today. Weather: It was light before six this morning, but I think the first time … Continue reading
Golden-crowned Kinglet Golden-crowned kinglets are pretty common, but they tend to spend a lot of time in the canopies of the conifers, so they can be difficult to get a good look at. I occasionally see them down lower (on … Continue reading
Weather: Winds were out of the north today. By the afternoon there was a fairly steady breeze. Partly cloudy skies with big cumulus clouds hanging over many of the mountains. It appeared that many of the clouds dropped precipitation over … Continue reading
Winter Wren Singing (mp3) The day dawned clear and cool. There was frost on the ground and very little breeze; what there was came out of the North and was enough to cause my exhaled breath to drift, but even … Continue reading
Weather: Once again it was another day without significant rain. It varied from partly to mostly cloudy throughout the day. I am not sure how warm it got, but I think it may have hit 50. There was not a … Continue reading