Yesterday afternoon and evening a couple of thunderstorms passed near town. I was in class when I heard a rumble that sounded like thunder, but thunder and lightning are fairly uncommon around Sitka, so I thought maybe it had been a jet taking off. After a few moments, I saw a flash and realized that it had been thunder. This is the second time I have seen thunder and lightning since we moved to Sitka last August.
My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 19 April Photo: Red-breasted Sapsucker
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2008: Trip to Kruzof
- 2011: Low Island Song Sparrow
- 2011: Sunny Day with Kids
- 2012: Moth Jackpot
- 2013: Greater Yellowlegs and Black-bellied Plover
- 2014: Windy Day
- 2015: Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otte...