I have seen winter wrens flitting about in the brush all winter. I have also frequently heard them making a short chirping call. This morning, for the first time this year, I heard them singing. I wonder if this means they are getting ready to defend territory, win mates, and nest.
My iNaturalist Observations
On this Date in…
- 2006: Daily Observations
- 2007: 19 April Photo: Red-breasted Sapsucker
- 2007: Daily Observations
- 2008: Trip to Kruzof
- 2011: Low Island Song Sparrow
- 2011: Sunny Day with Kids
- 2012: Moth Jackpot
- 2013: Greater Yellowlegs and Black-bellied Plover
- 2014: Windy Day
- 2015: Rick and Jen shared some nice photos of river otte...