On this Date in...
- Low Water in Indian River | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Chilly March Day
- Walk to Totem Park | Sitka Nature on Great Blue Heron
- Indian River Ice and Snow | Sitka Nature on 5 December Photos: Indian River
- Chilly March Day | Sitka Nature on Why no ice on Indian River?
- Cold morning, but no frost on windows-guess it has now dried out enough for the dew point to drop lower than the temperature. 1 month ago
- Early Crocus-My dad’s garden notes have crocus blooming in same spot on 31Jan1985-but10F the next week was a killer. http://t.co/QkvM0Mtjkb 1 month ago
- It’s been a warm January in Sitka. Trolling old records, 1981 was the last comparable year (even a bit warmer then) wunderground.com/history/airpor… 1 month ago
Daily Archives: February 7, 2003
While on a walk today, I noticed a two or three feathers and thought that it seemed odd to find them there. As I looked around, I noticed more and more feathers and it occured to me that perhaps a … Continue reading
While taking a brief walk paralleling Indian River today, I observed a raven along the opposite shore walking along the edge of the water. It was headed downstream, periodically poking its beak into places, but I could not tell what … Continue reading
Yesterday afternoon I put Connor in his backpack and went for a walk down to the beach and then around Totem Park. Near the hatchery we saw two common merganzers, a male and a female. Earlier in the week I … Continue reading
I had heard and seen pictures of trumpeter swans wintering along the shore near town, but had not seen them until yesterday. A pair of them flew a few circles around the Sheldon Jackson quad in the afternoon when I … Continue reading